West Fraser SteadiTred stair tread panels are carefully packaged to stay free from moisture and contaminants during storage and shipping in order to arrive in the same optimal condition as they left the mill. Once the panels arrive at their destination, the following procedures are recommended:
- Keep panels in units until installation.
- Store indoors or under cover whenever possible.
- If stored outdoors, set bundles on a flat base above ground and cover with plastic wrap or tarp, ensuring adequate air circulation.
- Avoid extended exposure to moisture.
- Acclimatize panels for a period of 24 hours. (Time may vary with climatic conditions at the job site.)
- Cut banding during storage to avoid edge damage. Avoid dropping panels on edges or corners.
- Protect bundles from forklift damage.